Experienced Graphics and GIS Professional
- Talented, skilled, and tenacious artist invested in quality product development
- Advanced production and communication skills for multiple-project delivery, experienced and comfortable meeting deadlines
- Print and web conscious, accomplished in Graphic Design and GIS, skilled coordinating with clients, management and vendors
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- ArcGIS 10+: spatial data generation, organization and analysis, management, verification and rectification; geocoding; FOSS GIS
- Advanced Adobe CS: Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign skills; Advanced Acrobat skills; Dreamweaver and Fireworks
- Excellent layout, editing, design and illustration, deadline management and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent project coordination and research skills; Survey development; Beginning UML; Collateral management and organization
- Database design and upkeep: MS Access, MS SQL Management Studio, Peoplesoft, Lotus; Data entry and management/clean-up
- Trimble trained in GPS, use of Pathfinder for post-processing; Google Earth/SketchUp, kml
- iGrafix / Micrografix Designer, QuarkXpress; Extensis Portfolio
- Photographer - 20 years; GIMP, Inkscape, beginning Blender; beginning Android; Mac OS X, PC and Linux
- Advanced MS Office: developed PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills, including for presentation
Current (since 2008); San Francisco, California
- Processing technical drawings using CADD files and Adobe CS for high-end print presentation.
- Created 3D visualization animation - georeferenced in scale: using GIS, Google Earth, SketchUp and kml, for solar start-up.
- Web Design for collateral presentation, SEO, and Public Outreach.
- Logo generation and branding assistance.
GIS Technician ll, Term Hire: County of San Mateo, 2019
2019 to 2020;; Redwood City, California
- Conforming/centralizing The Planning Department Map Books, digitizing and serving them for online feature class service.
- Updating the County GIS for Planning, editing the base and related layers to reflect ongoing improvements in the County.
- Cartographic Analyses for key Planning functions, such as Density Analysis; Map design and Emergency Response figure creation.
IT Contractor, GIS: City of Emeryville, via Robert Half Technology
Spring 2016; San Francisco, California
- Conforming/centralizing the city GIS database; Updating of city streets, parks, parcels and addresses data for feature class service.
- Map design to specification for key stakeholders; best practices advisor; GIS Lead; intern mentoring; data sourcing and verificaiton.
- Web Design for best conformed collateral presentation, Custom Map Design for Public Works.
EOS Aerial Operations Lead: Google (Via Adecco Stafing)
2014: Mountain View, California
- Intensive color correction of RAW (16 bit) digital aerial photgraphy using CaptureOne; Photo, GPS and Flight Plan oversight and review for QA/QC;
File perapration and processing using commandline (BASH) and other tools.
- Discreet area definition for Google Earth rendering of Photogrammetric 3D; Processing of post-flight hard drives; Coordination of equipment review with key specialists.
- Special projects for tile acquisition and processing; Participation in Flight Plan meetings with contracting Pilots; Candidate review for team building.
GIS Coordinator and Sweeping Router: San Francisco Department of Public Works in Street and Environmental Services
2011 to 2013: San Francisco, California
- Mapping and data coordination for infrastructure and environmental projects, cartographic information visualization.
- Supervisor District re-draw, heads-up in ArcGIS from assessor's metes and bounds; Public Affairs graphics development.
- Presentation graphics; security camera review; survey development; data rectification; software development assistance and cross-departmental liasing.
Production Artist: CirclePoint
2007 to 2008; San Francisco, California
- Developed and customized new graphics support system and position for environmental engineering group.
- Relied on for pressure-deadline webmastering, PowerPoint presentation delivery and high-profile project assistance.
- Designed, produced and delivered high-profile proposal customized to a principal's design requirements in MS Word.
Professional Services Associate (GIS Lead Developer): Sharechive, LLC (now FACS)
2005 to 2007; San Francisco, California
- Pressure Digital Imaging using Adobe CS; Data rectification in Excel for CPM balancing; GIS data sourcing: public and private sector.
- Developed product archive presentation and production system to address key client satisfaction issues, improving productivity.
- 4D GIS Development for special project - coordinating with upper management, technical leads and an Urban Planner.
Command Center: H and R Block
2004 to 2005; San Francisco, California
- Initiated and led this new position, focusing scheduling, improving productivity at local offices by up to 10% over the tax season.
Graphics Technician: Wilbur Smith Associates
2000 to 2002; San Francisco, California
- Acted as production prime, using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other programs for maps; graphic rendering of CADD and GIS.
- Created production templates for Marketing; articulated information visualizations communicating with Project Management.
- Requested to design an artist's conceptual rendering of an intermodal transit terminal based on the merit of my work.
San Francisco State University
- GIS Certificate 2005; San Francisco, California
San Francisco Art Institute
- BFA, Printmaking, 1998; San Francisco, California
ORGANIZATIONS / PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Member, Bay Area Automated Mapping Association, current (since 2005)
- San Francisco Neighborhood Emergency Response Team, Hayes Valley, current (since 2009)
- Experience Unlimited San Francisco - San Francisco Chapter of the Job Club for Professionals - Volunteer Webmaster and Graphics Support Prime through 2010
- Hayes Valley Farm Core Volunteer/Artist, 2009 - 2013
- Please Touch Garden Volunteer/Artist , current (since 2013)